The Holidays are over and the New Year is here, which means that the time is ripe for some SERIOUS operational planning for the months ahead. Forget New Year’s resolutions, though — we have a practical (and achievable!) playbook for 2019 that will set you up for success. First up, Q1.
Baby, it’s cold outside. So let’s make the most of the great indoors.
- Help your people reach their New Year fitness goals with fitness classes in the office or a step counter/smartwatch challenge. Eden, for example, holds a two-minute plank challenge every day in their HQ common area.
- Plan events for Q1 to stave off the winter blues. Here are some ideas:
- A healthy team breakfast to fuel a productive day.
- A College Spirit Happy Hour — go back to school and dress to represent your college.
- A Super Bowl Happy Hour the Friday before the big game — bring on the 7-layer dip, wings, and chili. On the flipside…
- A Super Bowl Detox! Reconvene on Monday to eat healthy food and watch the best commercials.
- Go all out for Employee Appreciation Day on March 1. Why not make a week of it? In the spirit of The Dundies, think of superlative awards that speak to your company culture: best desk decor, friendliest person, most likely to go to Mars, company spirit award, etc.
- Organize a board game club/tournament. Try the ever-popular Catan or recent cult favorite Codenames for a speedier option.
- Honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. with a day of service on or around the holiday.
- Boost morale and headpats by inviting your team to bring their pets to work. Let the chaos commence!
- Celebrate Groundhog Day with a work “shadowing” program and find out what all your colleagues do by inviting individuals/teams to sign up to give small presentations on a workday in their lives.
- How is your office space treating you? Is your team productive, engaged, and excited to come to work? Start thinking about how workplace strategy can bring your company culture to life.